Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Trick or Treat: Eye Balls


"I'm Watching You" Meatballs

Halloween themed food is everywhere right now. As an FYI, it is this themed food concept that originally gave me the idea for this blog. This food idea is so much fun that I don't understand why it isn't such a big deal all year, not just Halloween (I'll get started on my Christmas ideas right away!)
I recently came by this meatball recipe from a friend and it is dee-lish! All it needed was some spooky thinking and, boo, here are my eyeballs. Add in a bit of ketchup for that nice, bloody touch. I made these over the weekend and all of them were devoured.


What you need:

- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 2 gloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- string cheese, cut in thirds
- black olives, sliced- Ketchup
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Sauté onion and garlic in butter for 3- 4 minutes. Let cool.
  • Meanwhile, mix together meat, eggs, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add in onion mixture.

 Once all ingredients are mixed together begin to roll out your meatballs. I made 16 meatballs.
  •  Once rolled out poke a hole with your finger into each ball. And place your string cheese part inside.

  • Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes. Once cooked place an olive slice in teh middle of the cheese and drizzle with ketchup.


FOOD PLAY: GHOST BOWLING

There are so many art projects I could add to this post. Spooky handprint spiders, or footprint ghosts. Turning toilet paper holders into Frankenstein's monster. I decided on a fun game that is toddler friendly.

What you need:
  • 6 paper towel rolls (you could use more but this is all I had!)
  • black construction paper
  • scissors
  • small pumpkin
Cut out various shapes to create your ghost faces and tape them to the paper towel roll. Stack them up. Then using a small pumpkin have your kiddo roll the pumpkin to knock over the tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment