Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Apple Smiles!


My daughter started preschool this year. I had visions that she would be the well adjusted child that took charge of the class while displaying her keen building block skills and mastery of the paint brush. Instead, she proved that she has serious mommy issues and cannot stand to be away from me for even a minute. This, of course, made me feel awesome that my child loves me so much...for like a minute. Afterwards I needed to find ways to bring a smile to her sweet face. Make a smile to get a smile is my motto. Here is what I did.

What you need: 



  • apple
  • peanut butter
  • mini marshmallows


Directions:

Core your apple and cut into slices.

Spread 2 apple slices with a teaspoon of peanut butter.

Line up your apple slices and prepare for the implants.

Here is ol' Bucky on his way to becoming a full set of pearly whites.

A toothy grin is coming into focus now.


And without a dentist in sight here you have a perfect smile!




FOOD PLAY:  TOOTHBRUSH ART 

The perfect art project to go with these Apple Smiles had to include a toothbrush. It is a brush that spends all its time smothered in flouride and never gets to truly express itself. Now is its time to shine!

What You Need:
  • Toothbrush
  • Paint
  • Paper



Using your toothbrush as the paintbrush and brush your canvas!



Be sure not to brush your teeth with the same toothbrush with twhich you brushed your canvas!!



And here you go.. Toothbrush Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment